XSitePro Website Design Software Message Board

The online forum dedicated to XSitePro users. Get help with website design in general and using this popular and incredibly powerful website software
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Membership site
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:35 am 

Can anyone suggest software that will assist me in setting the membership site?
Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Membership site
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:16 am 

From what I remember, Joomla is a pretty popular content management platform for membership sites. The software is free, and then just buy a Joomla template that you like for around $40.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:50 pm 

There is quite a few options for membership sites. It would depend on what you want to accomplish with your site. Many of my friends are useing Dolphin and Oxwall and both have pros and cons. Since they are free, try them in order to determine if they will meet your need.

and you can even use wordpress based Membership site. You can pretty much use any free theme along with any of these popular plugin :

Wishlist
aMember
Nanacast

There are few more but the above ones are the most popular ones.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:57 am 

As I stated above, I would use WordPress if starting the website from scratch. There are some good membership plugins available for free, for $39.95 and for $97 up.

In the context of adding a membership app to an XSite Pro site, take a look at Easy Member Pro:
http://www.easymemberpro.com (Not an affiliate link :wink: )

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:44 am 

Hi,

Quote:
In the context of adding a membership app to an XSite Pro site, take a look at Easy Member Pro:
http://www.easymemberpro.com (Not an affiliate link :wink: )

Unfortunately EasyMemberPro.com is down. The website works with an online license check, and any site created with it will no longer run as the license check does not work! I've used EasyMemberPro.com for years, and recommended it to others.

I've installed it and set it up for many clients, now this morning I found this out. For that reason I will no longer recommend Easy Member Pro, and will be crossing it off of my recommended list. It's ridiculous to have a membership site that requires a valid online license check every time the Administrator interface is opened.

You can see the other software I recommend for Membership Sites at this page:
XSitePro Membership Software

XSitePro Templates - $297 | XSitePro Membership Sites, XSitePro Shopping Carts, XSitePro Scripts Integration

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:53 pm 

Thanks for the advisory.

It's sad to learn this about Easy Member Pro. They have/had a solid membership system. If I were a client, I would not want my membership system access dependent on access to another company's server to verify my license key every time. This should be a one-time occurrence on installation.

I've also had good results with aMember Pro. They're a bit pricey and the admin area is a plain and devoid of graphics (no one will accuse aMember of being "slick"), but it runs and runs. If you can tweak PHP pages, or better yet code PHP, aMember Pro can do some great things. Also, the programmers at CGI will make modifications and enhancements to your system, including installing and testing, at very reasonable rates.
http://www.amember.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:56 am 

Yeah, I was affected by this.... ! To recap...

Easy Member Pro (EMP) requires a Phone Home every time you login... Beware of this kind of software because when / if the software company goes out of business, your site is rendered useless. IM currently looking for a replacement and will to share my story with anyone... Please reply with your experience & feeling pertaining to this idiotic software.

PS: It said a refund was in progress... My god, if a asked for refund all my sites would be down & I'd be out of business.
:-(
IM so disappointed in this product, sooooo saaaadddddd!